The Laurens County Future Scholarship pays all remaining Piedmont Technical College or USC-Union, Laurens tuition once students’ federal and state financial aid is applied to their bills.*
Details & Eligibility
Students must be current residents of Laurens County and have graduated from high school and enroll in the participating colleges within one academic year after their high school graduation.
The scholarship is available for two consecutive academic years, for a maximum of four terms. Students who complete their chosen major within this time period are ineligible for additional funds toward a second major.
Please note that books, incidental expenses, class or program-related fees, and summer session tuition are not covered by the Future Scholarship.
*The Laurens County Future Scholarship tuition funding and awards are contingent on funding revenue being received by the Future Scholarship program. Tuition scholarships are not guaranteed and will be awarded based on funds available on a first come, first served basis.
how it works
There are a few simple rules to qualify for and keep the scholarship.
- Students must complete a FAFSA (“Free Application for Federal Student Aid,” a federal financial aid form) on time and use all federal, state, and other sources of financial aid first.
- Students must meet the same criteria for making satisfactory academic progress that recipients of federal financial aid programs must meet. Students who lose their financial aid eligibility due to failing to meet the satisfactory academic progress rules will be ineligible for future terms.
- Funding is available for students who graduate high school, are residents of Laurens County and enroll in college within one year of their high school graduation. Scholarships are for two full academic years, and a maximum of four terms during those two years. Full time enrollment is encouraged to make the most of the award.
- Students who complete their chosen major within this time period are ineligible for additional funds toward a second major.
- Note: the Future Scholarship funds Full Term classes only, so be sure to start the enrollment process early enough. Summer sessions are not eligible for funding.